Friday 11 April 2014

4 in 1


I'm going to start this blog post of with something different. I am going to start it with my poem I wrote in english a week ago (well I think it was a week ago, how time flies when you are too ignorant to pay attention). ٩(̃-̮̮̃-)۶

The soft autumn breeze blows through the bare trees,
carrying with it the dancing leaves,
carrying with it the eerie requiem of the vacant trees,
carrying with it the cheerful birdsong with the merry tune. 
 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

It is day three/four/five/six of blogging my daily life!
I kept running out of time over the last four days to write a post so I am going to write an extra long one. 


~~~

I have a big announcement!


I don't have any homework due at this moment in time. First time in 4 weeks! FOUR WEEKS.



Are you excited? I'm excited. I can finally sit at home and do... nothing. Absolutely nothing. Because what is better than doing nothing (apart from unicorns, the next installment of a good book series and goats)?



Speaking of book series. I am currently reading this book: 

Great book so far. It has taken me a term to get really into it. Only because it was slow by my standards and I only had about 10 minutes a day to read it and I was to lazy to take it out of my school bag to read at home. 

Before you start to wonder, Potter-heads. No this book is not based of the JK Rowling character, the guy who had procession of the philosophers stone before Dumbledore did.

It is in fact based off a real guy. Who was not an alchemist. But was still very famous and very rich.

"Nicolas Flamel (French: [nikɔla flamɛl]; prob. Pontoise, ca 1330 – Paris, March 22, 1418) was a successful French scrivener and manuscript-seller. After his death Flamel developed a reputation as an alchemist. However, these legendary accounts only appeared in the seventeenth century." Credit to wikipedia for that paragraph. But he did in fact marry Perenelle like most stories say he did. It was rumoured that she was also an alchemist but... she wasn't.

Want more info? Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Flamel <-- Quite interesting.

One character in that book that really interested me was the Morrigan. Also known as the "phantom queen" or "great queen" in mythology. In the book she is referred to as "The Crow Goddess". How Micheal Scott describes her is very interesting. I really like how she wears a cloak made of crow feather. But that kind of stuff interests me. Shes border line sarcastic. So she gets my stamp of approval. 

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Uh, don't you love rain? Especially consistent rain and when it gets your sport canceled so that you have to sit in a class room and watch "Hunger Games: Catching Fire"?

But what really made my day was this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiSP_ch_oI

It's called "Animal Beatbox" it was the 2011 Tropfest winner and it is simply the bomb.

 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Do I have any friends in the Sherlock and Doctor Who fandoms? If you do you should totally watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iae-kvXu0k8

Thank you grapefruit for showing it to me.

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

I have decided today was a good day! Why you ask? 
a) It's Friday.
b) The holidays have started!
c) We watched interesting movies today. Something different from the Disneys that we always watch (please note I have nothing against Disney, but the same movies repeated over and over gets really really boring). 

We watched... gimme a sec I just realized I haven't changed my calender to April.

Right! We watched "Warm Bodies" and "the Book Thief". 
From what I saw of the they were both GREAT.

First of all lets talk about "Warm Bodies". Two words to describe it: zombie romance. Literally zombie romance. Romeo and Juliet style. You might think "Ew, why would you make such a monstrosity?" because that was my first thought. That's until the zombie-guys commentary came on. It had me within the first fifteen lines. "I can't remeber who I was. But from my hoodie I can tell I was unemployed." Unfortunately I only got about half way through until the lunch bell rang. It was one of those rare moments where I didn't want it to go. 

My agriculture teacher surprised us today by allowing us to watch a movie and that movie was "the Book Thief". It had me when I found out that Geoffrey Rush was in it. ٩(•̮̮̃-̃)۶

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ



RANDOM SPACE CATS. Isn't it glorious?


These guys are my strange addiction at the moment. Don't judge meh.



Well my brain has finally has stopped functioning and I am going to end it here.

Word of the day: swagger, to walk or strut in a defiant and insolent air.

Signing off for today (and the other days I missed).
≧◠◡◠≦✌

No comments:

Post a Comment